Cotton is a durable, soft fibre, and most clothes today are made of it. Unfortunately, it does have one serious fault: It tends to shrink when washed and dried.
Here is what you should do if you have a stain:
1. Remove excess. Use cold water for mystery stains and warm water for when it comes to how to remove grease stains. Create a solution of Ariel Original Washing Powder and water. Leave for 30 minutes to 2 hours or, in tough cases, overnight. After soaking the fabric, pour the required amount of Ariel Original Washing Liquid additive (follow the dosage instructions on the pack) onto the stains and gently rub before loading the clothes into the washing machine. To dry, roll your shirts, pants or blouses in a large towel or gently screw to remove the water.
2. Machine-wash white and light-coloured cotton fabrics in warm or hot water. For white and light coloured clothes always use Ariel Original Washing Powder. For extra scent you can use Ariel Excel Washing Gel with a Touch of Febreze or Ariel 3in1 PODS with a Touch of Febreze. If you are concerned about bleeding, choose from Ariel Colour & Style Washing Liquid or Ariel 3in1 PODS Washing Capsules Colour & Style to keep the colour of your clothes bright.
Extra tip: fill the machine with cold water and use a gentle washing cycle so you can protect the colours more.
3. Rinse your cotton fabrics on a cool cycle. To avoid shrinkage, wash with minimal agitation. Ariel can help, as all Ariel products offer great results even at 30 degrees.
4. Shake garments after removal from the machine to minimise wrinkles.
How to wash your 100% cotton blanket:
1. Open your blanket and place it in the washing machine. Use a large load size so the blanket can move freely in the water during the wash.
2. Pour the required Ariel laundry detergent (follow the dosage instructions on the pack) and use a cold water cycle, delicate wash setting.
3. Remove the blanket as soon as the wash cycle is finished and either hang the blanket to dry, or place in your dryer with two dryer sheets on a tumble-dry setting.