Our mission is to reduce the carbon footprint of the manufacturing process used to create our Ariel products.
Ariel is committed to responsible manufacturing. There are 4 key strategies that we follow in our approach to our manufacturing processes:
- Ensuring our equipment is running in the most energy-efficient way, including identifying energy loss, and finding solutions to restore our equipment to its most efficient condition.
- Minimizing freshwater consumption and increase reuse and recycling water on-site
- Minimizing/eliminating waste from the manufacturing process.
- Identifying renewable energy sources for optimizing our manufacturing processes.
In recent years, we have made significant progress:
- All Ariel products are manufactured with zero manufacturing waste to landfill.
- Ariel products manufacturing site in Amiens (France) uses 44% less energy and 48% less water to make the same number of products, compared with that used in 2010.
- Our vision is to reduce the impact of Supply Chain Resources and Greenhouse Gasses used for manufacturing Ariel by 50% by 2030.
Ariel and sustainability
Heating up the water in your washing machine has the largest environmental impact when doing the laundry, even if we consider everything from the manufacturing process to the packaging. So, by turning down the washing temperature, you’re able to save energy, and reduce your carbon footprint at the same time.
We use an exclusive breakthrough technology called Purezyme™ which is inspired on enzymes found on cold water seaweed. We learn and mimic nature to develop its innovative technology that provides a deep clean and remove though soils in cold water.
To debunk the myth that you can’t get a brilliant clean while washing cold, we launched our #washcoldchallenge where you can pledge to wash on a colder temperature and see for yourself that with Ariel, you will still get your laundry done while washing cold. So, join the #washcoldchallenge, turn the dial down, get a brilliant clean with Ariel All-in-1 PODS® washing capsules.
Laundry detergent based on renewable materials
Environmental sustainability is important for our world and our future. That is why Ariel has both short- and long-term sustainability goals.
Our commitment to compaction
We are also continually working to reformulate our liquid and powder laundry detergents into more concentrated and compacted forms.
Our approach to sustainable detergent packaging
You don’t buy Ariel for the packaging, you buy it for the quality of the detergent inside it. That doesn’t change the importance of the package, though.