Clean Up Your Laundry Routine
Your laundry routine should be safe and efficient. Is your laundry routine in tip-top condition? Follow the tips below to make sure you are using and storing your laundry products correctly.
- As well as keeping products out of reach of children, keep products in their original container with the label intact.
- After each use, close the container completely and immediately put products away in their appropriate storage location.
- Follow all recommended product instructions and pay particularly close attention to all 'Caution', 'Warning', 'Danger', or 'Poison' statements.
- To prevent capsule detergents such as Ariel Pods from dissolving before use, make sure to always close the package and handle with dry hands.
- Clean up immediately after any spills that may occur.
- Be sure to wash your hands after doing laundry, as well as any tools you use to handle or measure products.
- Aim to take care of laundry and other cleaning chores during your child's downtime (such as naptime), to help keep any distractions away while handling laundry or cleaning products, and avoid unintended exposure.
- Follow the recommended product disposal information shown on the label.
- Never use empty detergent containers to store any other materials, especially anything intended for human consumption.
If an Incident Occurs
- Unintended exposure with laundry products usually causes no serious medical effects.
- If exposed to eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice, as needed.
- If spilt on skin or clothing, remove soiled clothing and rinse skin well with water.
- If swallowed, drink a glass of water or milk and call the NHS non-emergency number (111) or seek medical advice immediately. Do not induce vomiting.
Follow these steps for a safe laundry routine. Know what to do before unintended exposure happens. For more information, visit Keep Caps From Kids and Cleanright.