Five tips for keeping your laundry room in order.
There is a lot of unavoidable stress in your life so why not declutter and organise where you can? The laundry room is a good place to start. After all, it is mission control centre for tidy and clean homes. Here are a few useful tips that will keep your laundry room orderly—and your mind clutter-free.
1. Clearly label a bin for darks and a bin for lights.Separating laundry into dark and light loads can be a hassle, so make your life easier and have family members sort it themselves! Two clearly marked bins in the laundry room will do the trick.
2. Pin up a “lost sock board.”There’s nothing more annoying than losing a sock, throwing out its mate and then finding the original sock months later. Be organised and pre-emptively handle the age-old lost sock conundrum by putting up a lost sock corkboard. Fair warning: This may turn into more of a memorial wall… but it will still look cute.
3. Start a laundry room piggy bank.When you turn pockets inside out and find loose change and bills, drop the bounty into your laundry room piggy bank. Aside from looking adorable, a piggy bank may prompt family members to check pockets before putting dirty clothes into the hamper.
4. Designate a basket, bin or shelf to each family member. Having a designated area for each family member makes sorting laundry after washday a breeze. Then they can be in charge of picking up and folding their own clean items to help ease your load.
5. Hang up a stain chart.From makeup stains to dirt stains, knowledge is power. A stain chart will ensure that you are always prepared. Feel free to print our Ariel stain removal tips.